updating sporatically

2.10.08

Monday

hello again

On Monday I happened to be walking up by my old school on my way to a used book store and down the street towards me came a fellow who at first seemed truly unremarkable.

He wore a White Yankees Cap with the iconic black stripes and the brim perfectly flattened and worn slightly ajar. He wore a grey sweatshirt with white symbols all over it that formed a pattern, it was two sized too large. quintessential baggy pants the onlooker to see more of drawers of the subject than their footwear. I'd seen hundreds of guys like this at my high school over the year, of every creed and size. This one -as most are in my area- was Caucasian, he was averagely tall, averagely stocky, with light brown hair in the short style favored by the group one would associate him with.


The first thing that struck me about him was that he was smiling, not sneering, not smirking in smug defiance, but instead he wore a wide genuine grin. This was unusual, but not unprecedented. He was by himself, not in a pack of seemingly like minded people, with his head held high as he walked down the incline of the street. But he was missing a shoe.

One foot was clod in a Lugz workboot, but the other strod right alongside down the sidewalk in only a white sock. There was no shamble, no hopping, and no sheepish look appeared on his face as we passed by one another. It was as if he didn't even know.

That was monday, and nothing more interesting has happened to me since, but now I have my laptop back after a month, so I can update a bit more readily.

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Nice. He Seems like quite the character. :)

alyson wonderland said...

it's called 'ecstasy'...it's big with the kids these days, i hear