updating sporatically

7.10.08

hello again

I was walking down around the less busy side of town yesterday, and when I cut across a parking lot to get to Bob's Corner Restaurant, nestled beside one of the nigh customerless businesses there was a bus.

It was just sitting there, parked beside the store, out of view of the storefront, with no one in sight. The door was open. And the engine was running.

At that point I deeply regretted not ever having learned how to drive a bus, because I could have taken that bus.

Granted, once I had the bus, I wouldn't know what to do with it [besides blaring "Bad Boys" over the sound system I mean] and I would undoubtedly get caught; but I nonetheless paused for a moment, standing before the doorway, basking in the low hum of the idling engine, picturing an surreal possibility would never be realised.

I suppose I could just drop out of university and dedicate my life to becoming a bus driver, but it just wouldn't be the same.

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Can you even drive a car? :P

Nathanial Stuart said...

I pretty sure I can, but it would raise a few questions of efficiency and legality.