updating sporatically

31.10.08

hello again

I have books by all of the "Authors I Want to Read More of" now but I'm almost done Atlas Shugged and I've have some Tolstoi I want to read first before I continue on with the list.

I'm spending too much money on books, which I'd even be alright with if I had time to read it. With working and university right now I pretty much just read while I'm out about town, waiting for classes or work. Once I get home it's all I can do to curl up with my laptop or in front of the TV and idle away the few hours before I really ought to be going to sleep.

I'm going to try to write a novel in november. I'm going to try to write at least 2000 words a day, which will put me at 60 000 by the end of the month. It does happen to be national novel writing month, but the main reason that I want to do it during this time is that is that I want to have written a novel before my 18th birthday on the offchance that I someday achieve fame; my list of acheivements will could begin with the novel I wrote when I was seventeen. Which just sounds cool. Frankly I expect it to turn out to be absolute rubbish for three reasons. The First is that I don't esteem myself ot the that great of an author. The second is that I haven't the freetime to indulge in such an undertaking. The third is that I have no clue what I'm going to write about.

Irregardless, it's to be a learning experience more then much else. Plus I'm going to try post how many words I've written on the blog each night. Which means around 30ish updates. So you'll get to watch me slowly fail.

Finally: I noticed this afternoon at work I was getting a sore throat and now I have one.

No comments: