updating sporatically

11.11.08

hello again

When I was little I used to make tiny houses in the woods out of twigs and moss and mud and rocks and bark and anything I could find. They weren't for fairies or leprechauns or bugs or rodents and they weren't going to make any such little creature happy to stumble on in the winter months, but I never let on as much to my little sister.

I got really good at it.

I went down into the woods a couple weeks ago and the last one I made was still standing after seven years.

I didn't come up with the idea, I read it in some book I read when I was little somewhere about a kid whose family vacations at an isolated cottage in the woods with another family whose son is more confident and cooler then the first little boy, so the former little boy spends his time out in the woods making a tiny village out of whatever he finds in the woods. By the end he learns the value of confidence and being yourself.

I probably read it when I was about six, but I could still tell you pretty much the whole story if I had to.

No comments: